31.3.10

Having planned the itinerary now we had to find Hotels and B&B's. I asked Margaret if she would do this task and we were soon ready to go.














Hotels

Haverfordwest 1 night Mariners Hotel
Aberystwyth 2 nights Queensbridge Hotel B&B
Caernarfon 2 nights Bron Menai B&B
Rhyl 1 night Kilkee Guest House B&B
Wrexham 2 nights Lemon-tree Hotel
Welshpool 2 nights The Royal Oak
Abergavenny 1 night The Angel

I'm sure Hercule Poirot would have been very pleased to know that I was using my "little grey cells."

When I had first told my daughter, Lynwen and family they all thought it was a brilliant idea. Some of our friends thought we were very brave, some said they wished they could come with us, and others said that they were determined to do something similar later on.
Two days before we started, the President of Bryncoch W.I., Mrs. Dianne Browne, rang the local paper- the Evening Post- and told Paul the reporter, of our trip round Wales. He rang and asked me if I would mind being interviewed over the phone, and I said, "No," of course. Then the day before we left, John the photographer for the Evening Post rang and asked if he could come to take photos of Margaret and me. So Margaret came with her trolley and we walked to the Bus Stop where we had our pictures taken, standing at the Bus Stop, holding out our arms to stop the Bus, and on the steps of the Bus. Margaret and I thought it was hilarious and the happy tone of the forthcoming trip was set.
Also on the Wednesday before we left, I had phoned the Secretary or President of the Soroptimist Clubs in some of the towns where we were staying, to let them know that we would be stopping either for coffee or stopping overnight in their town. Soroptimist International is a world-wide organisation for women in management and professions working through service projects to advance human rights and the status of women. The Neath Club will be celebrating its 60th anniversary in 2008, and having been a Soroptimist for 35 years, I knew we would have a warm welcome wherever we went. I also tried to contact Women's Institutes but I had left it too late and disappointingly, I failed.

No comments:

Post a Comment