24.3.10

Day Seven


We left Rhyl and caught the bus to Holywell where we had a cup of tea, after which we caught another bus which went through Mold and then on to Wrexham.
The Hotel where we were staying was called The Lemon Tree. A friend of mine had told me about this Hotel. She didn't know what the Hotel was like but she recommended the Restaurant. Margaret had arranged all the accommodation up to this stage, but when I told her what Jan had said she was happy to let me find out more about the Hotel. I had looked on the Computer and had seen an example of an evening meal. My mouth watered, and I thought, why not stay there. Most of the time we would be staying in B&Bs so I thought it was time to give ourselves a treat. When we arrived at the Hotel we weren't disappointed. The owner was an Italian gentleman and his wife was the manager. The staff was young, and although they smiled and chatted to each other in between serving, it was obvious that they would not take advantage and the service we had was cheerful, friendly, courteous and efficient.
It had been an uneventful and quiet day and we were quite happy to stay indoors and rest before we went down to dinner. I had booked a two - day package deal which included one free evening meal and a bottle of red wine. The meal was delicious but a bottle of wine was too much for us, so we kept a half for the next night.

No comments:

Post a Comment